Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Movie Review: "The A-Team"

5.When "The A-Team" debut after the Super Bowl in 1983, my 7-year-old brain thought, "This is the greatest television show that has ever been made" and when the show finally went away five seasons later, a great wave of sadness fell over me that has never quite faded.

4. So, you could say my anticipation for the feature film was high.

3. The movie disappointed me, not because it's bad but because every time I looked at the screen, I wanted to see my Hannibal and my Murdock rather than the Liam Neeson's and Sharlto Copley's updates.

2. I will say this -- Bradley Cooper owns the role of "Faceman" Peck (hell, it's Cooper's movie and the rest of the gang are along for the ride) and Rampage Jackson fills in amiably for Mr. T as B.A. Baracus.

1. The adult in me sees "The A-Team" movie for what it is -- harmless, stupid fun that's a bit on the shallow side -- but the kid in me is queuing up the original series on Hulu.com.

========================
"The A-Team"
Run time: 1 hour, 57 minutes
Rated: PG-13‎‎ - Action/Adventure/Comedy‎ -
Director: John Singleton
Cast: Bradley Cooper, Jessica Biel, Liam Neeson, Sharlto Copley, Patrick Wilson, Rampage Jackson
Finney's Flicks Grade: C+

No comments:

Post a Comment