Saturday, October 30, 2010

Movie Review: "Jackass 3D"


5. When I posted to my Facebook page that I was seeing "Jackass 3D" at the theater, an old friend replied "Why?,"and I offered the only appropriate response to an unspoken implication that we should all be above such a sickening display of idiocy: "Why not?"

4. Is the vast and inventive use of feces, both animal and human, by the likes of Johnny Knoxville and Bam Margera really any more gag-inducing than the latest spate of hateful political commercials offered by power-hungry Democrats and Republicans?

3. Is dumping a plastic tub full of pythons on ophidiophobic Margera any more abusive than the donkey and elephant parties each drumming up fears of global Apocalypse should just one person from the other side ascend to elected office?

2. Is watching Jason "Wee Man" Acuna be glued to the hairy chest of a fat man and then be ripped off in wrenching fashion anymore painful than seeing a pair of insipid, dull and uninspiring gubernatorial candidates debate who is the greater liar?

1. The easy way out is to say "Jackass 3D" is the lowest of the lowbrow, but our allegedly high-minded political candidates find new and more creative ways to debase themselves and our electoral process on a biannual basis, so if you ask me why I'm at "Jackass 3D" instead of requesting an absentee ballot, I say, "If am I'm to spend my afternoon covered in drek, let it at least be amusing."

================================
"Jackass 3D"
Run time: 1 hour, 34 minutes
Rated R‎‎
Genre: Comedy/Documentary/Action/Adventure‎
Director: Jeff Tremaine
Cast: Johnny Knoxville, Bam Margera, Steve-O, Chris Pontius, Ryan Dunn and Jason Acuna
Finney's Flick's Grade: C+

No comments:

Post a Comment